- The important information we collect about you our users
- What we do with your information
- Who your information may be shared with
By visiting www.grantsousvide.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd are a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation i.e. we are responsible for control and means of processing of your personal information.
Information we collect
We may collect your personal data in the performance of a contract, to provide a service to you and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address. We also collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
The website places cookies onto your computer or device to distinguish you from other users of our website. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by remembering information about your visit to a website. This might include the state of something like a shopping cart or information you have provided in a form. This information can then be recalled on subsequent visits to enhance your experience.
We use the services provided by Google Analytics to provide us with meaningful data about web page usage and traffic. This information is used solely to improve the website structure, content and appearance and to tailor it to changing customer needs. We do not capture, record or use any visitor's personal data through this service.
If you wish to opt-out of our placing cookies onto your computer or device, please modify your browser setting to decline cookies. However, this may prevent certain features from a web site being made available, thereby limiting full functionality offered by it. You may also wish to delete cookies which have already been placed. For instructions on how to do this, please consult your internet browser’s help menu.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To notify you about changes to our website or products
- To improve our website, products and services
- To administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
Data subject's rights
As a Data subject you shall have the following rights in terms of this policy:
- Accessing your personal information
- Having inaccurate data corrected
- Data portability
- Objecting to
- Or restricting processing
- Requesting deletion of information
Sharing and disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time namely:
Grant Instruments USA
Grant Instruments India
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Grant Thorton UK Ltd, 101 Cambridge Science Park. Milton Road Cambridge CB4 0FY.
We use Grant Thornton as our External Auditors. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and order details to meet business and legal requirements.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing using the details set out below.
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to or email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at Grant Instruments (Cambridge Ltd), 29 Station Road, Shepreth, Cambridgeshire, SG8 6GB or email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Grant Instruments to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.