A quick and easy guide
There’s loads to learn about cooking beef sous vide, but don’t let that intimidate you. The complexity arises from whether a cut is tender or tough, thick or thin. As a rule of thumb, thinner and tender cuts require less cooking time than thicker and tougher ones.
The sous vide time and temperatures for all these permutations are covered in our handy Beef temperature chart below, so no worries there!
To start, try the tender and/or thinner cuts and slowly progress to the larger roasts as you familiarize yourself with how time and temperature affects meat texture. For larger, tougher cuts that require longer cooking times,make sure you sear the surface of the meat beforehand and follow the recommended time and temperature settings.
Notes & Tips
- To start, try the tender and/or thinner cuts and slowly progress to the bigger roasts.
Did You Know
- The hide from one cow can make 20 footballs.
- Uruguay, New Zealand, Argentina, Australia and Brazil are the only countries with more cows than people.
- Cows can hear lower and higher frequencies better than humans.
- Cows are pregnant for 9 months just like people.